Gearing for Plastic Bottle Blow Molding Machines (Bauer Gear Motor | OMSB with BG & BF Series)
November 20, 2014
A leading global manufacturer of stretch blow molding machines for PET bottles wanted to upgrade the geared motor efficiency on their line of equipment to be prepared for anticipated future increases in efficiency standards. Geared motors are the main drive for the machine’s carousel on which PET blanks are inserted into molds and blown to shape.
The OEM’s motor specification required an output power rating of 5.5 kW @ 50 Hz with IE3 efficiency. The geared motors are housed in a tight compartment with limited space and need to withstand the rigors of 24-hour operation.
- 5.5 kW (size 112) selected due to their small diameter
- Built-in thermistors and attached encoders
- High-efficiency through 2-stage base design
- Enclosure IP 65 as standard, IP66 (optional)
- Torques up to 18500 Nm
- High-tensile, case-hardened forged and ground steel gearing
- Custom mounting holes
- Special coating thickness
- Optional radial reinforced bearings on output shafts
Read the full story by visiting Bauer Gear Motor’s website.
As an extension of your team, we simplify the complex, streamline designs and optimize value chains. Whether reacting to market forces or changing markets altogether, our talent, scalability, and flexibility are beyond compare in solving OEM challenges at the intersection of fluid power and electronic control. GSGRs integrated engineered solutions perform for the life of the machine, and the lives of those who touch it.