Bauer Gear Motor BF and BS Series Geared Motors for Biomass Furnaces
Heizomat GmbH, in Gunzenhausen, Germany, designs and manufactures a wide variety of environmentally-friendly wood chip heating plants. As the market leader in Europe, the company provides complete systems including biomass furnaces and “wood chippers” for a rapidly increasing number of residential and commercial customers.
Wood chips are bark wood from windfall or timber refuse in pieces the size of potato chips. Heizomat sells this bio fuel which, in this case, consists of a compound of residual wood such as beech, pine, spruce, and scrub. At a humidity of 25 percent, the material still has a calorific value of approx. 80 to 100 liters of oil per cubic meter.
Heizomat required a comprehensive gear technology source to drive their integrated wood chip feeder conveyors. Heizomat’s primary criteria were quality and low noise level.
Bauer parallel shaft geared motors, including Types BF06, BF10, BF20, and BF20Z models – were chosen to fulfill the request.
- BF and BS Series geared motors feature a hardened wear sleeve and spray ring
- Complies with NA and International standards, including NEMA, IEC, CSA, and CE
- Torque rating to 18500 Nm
- Low noise gearing
- IP65 Enclosure (Standard), IP66 (Optional)
- Completely enclosed, sealed against dust and moisture
- Corrosion protection CORO1, CORO2, CORO3Connection Standard with CAGE CLAMP®